Canada will need several million new homes built within the next decade to accommodate its growing population, according to a June 2022 report from the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC).
On June 14, The Globe and Mail hosted a virtual event featuring housing experts who shared their ideas on strategies for speeding the development and financing of housing in Canada.
- Marla Zucht, General Manager, Whistler Housing Authority
- Romy Bowers, President and CEO, CMHC
- Tim Blair, CEO, Kindred Works
- Alexis Minz, Manager, Investments and Partnerships, The Daniels Corporation
- Menaka Raman-Wilms, Host, The Decibel (moderator)
The Globe and Mail presented the event with sponsor support from CMHC. To learn about upcoming Globe and Mail events visit www.globeandmail.com/events
Event summary produced by The Globe and Mail Events team. The Globe’s editorial department was not involved.