Inside the Market provides up-to-the-minute insights on developing market news and trends for subscribers of Globe Unlimited. The section provides exclusive analysis from some of Canada's most authoritative voices on finance, including The Globe's in-house market strategist Scott Barlow, Globe investment analyst Jennifer Dowty, Globe personal finance columnist Rob Carrick, and outside finance experts such as investment newsletter writers Gordon Pape and The Contra Guys, economist David Rosenberg and strategist Don Coxe.
Inside the Market also features daily files that help readers stay up to date on market events, including a pre-market comment, a summary of the day's analyst upgrades and downgrades, a small-cap news summary and a collection of must-read links from across the web. Inside the Market also hosts regular live chats that give readers the opportunity to ask questions of leading portfolio managers, economists and analysts.
Here's what readers can expect:
Daily 5 times per week:
- Before the Bell: Pre-market news wrap and commentary
- Small-cap Stocks to Watch
- Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades
- Top links. Our market strategist points to must reads on the web and shares his views on each.
- Breakouts. Our investment analyst details TSX stocks that are breaking out on the charts and analyzes the buy case for a company on the list.
2-3 times per week
- Markets analysis by strategist Scott Barlow
- A stock profile and trading recommendation by analyst Jennifer Dowty
- Investment columns by personal finance journalist Rob Carrick
- Investment columns by investment newsletter writer Gordon Pape
- Investment columns by veteran journalist David Milstead
- Various articles by investment journalists at The Globe
- Live chats with investment experts
- A review of the most technically overbought and oversold stocks on the TSX
- A look at a key stock that’s seeing unusually high level of insider buying or selling
- Columns from leading outside experts on investment, including David Rosenberg and Don Coxe
1-2 times per month:
- Investment columns by Contra the Herd
- A stock analysis on a Canadian company that details views of fund managers and sell-side analysts, plus an exclusive interview with the CEO
- The Trade: An article that details stocks that Canadian fund managers have recently bought and sold.