The Before the Bell report is compiled by editors of The Globe and Mail and is updated throughout the morning to reflect latest developments. Colin Cieszynski, Chartered Financial Analyst and Chartered Market Technician, is chief market strategist with CMC Markets.
Wednesday’s euphoric rally in U.S. markets that carried the Dow up above 21,000 and the Dax to 12,000 has paused for a rest amid a lighter news day. Even though the bulls are taking a break, the bears have been unable to mount a counterattack either with U.S. index futures, the FTSE and the Dax all holding steady.Report Typo/Error
Follow us on Twitter:
- Crude Oil Front Month Futures$47.91+1.57(+3.39%)
- Gold Front Month Futures$1,250.70-3.20(-0.26%)
- Copper High Grade Front Month Futures$2.84+0.11(+4.01%)
- S&P 500 INDEX2,478.69+8.78(+0.36%)
- Dow Jones Industrials21,630.24+117.07(+0.54%)
- NASDAQ NMS COMPOSITE INDEX6,418.75+7.94(+0.12%)
- S&P/TSX Composite15,207.29+78.60(+0.52%)
- S&P/TSX Venture Composite763.20+2.51(+0.33%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$65.09+0.07(+0.11%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$52.00-0.04(-0.08%)
- Updated July 25 12:49 PM CDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.