The stock market has delivered its assessment on the latest round of quarterly financial results from Canada’s biggest banks: Whatever.
Share prices have barely stirred since Bank of Montreal kicked off the reporting season on May 24 and National Bank of Canada concluded it on May 31.
This is a curious response given that the Big Six reported higher year-over-year profits that generally exceeded analysts’ expectations. Two banks also boosted their quarterly dividends, leaving investors with little to complain about.Report Typo/Error
- Royal Bank of Canada$94.18+0.90(+0.96%)
- Royal Bank of Canada$71.29+1.24(+1.77%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$65.32+0.32(+0.49%)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank$49.45+0.64(+1.31%)
- Bank of Montreal$93.52+1.04(+1.12%)
- Bank of Montreal$70.77+1.31(+1.89%)
- National Bank of Canada$53.84+0.77(+1.46%)
- Home Capital Group Inc$16.88+1.94(+12.99%)
- Updated June 22 10:43 AM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.