It's possible that as much as $1.9-million may have been stolen in June's armoured car robbery in Edmonton that left three guards dead and a fourth wounded.
The Edmonton Journal and CBC reported on Friday that an Edmonton judge granted their application to unseal search warrants that quote police as saying that between $600,000 and $1.9-million was missing.
The warrants issued in June said the money was missing and Edmonton police have not publicly indicated since then that any of the cash was recovered.
Reports say the warrants were used to search the home of the man charged with first degree murder in the killings, Travis Baumgartner.
Mr. Baumgartner also faces charges of attempted murder and robbery with a firearm and is next scheduled to appear in court Aug. 16 to face the allegations.
Police allege he was one of five armed guards loading a bank machine at the University of Alberta on June 15 when shots rang out.
Guards Michelle Shegelski, 26, Brian Ilesic, 35, and Eddie Rejano, 39, died. A fourth guard, Matthew Schuman, was critically injured but is recovering.
Mr. Baumgartner was arrested a day later in B.C. at the Canada-U.S. border and police say they found $334,000 in a backpack.
According to media reports, the search warrants say his mother Sandra Baumgartner told officers she awoke on the morning of June 15 she found $64,000 in cash and her son gone.
The documents suggested that the night before, the mother and son had argued over rent money he had failed to pay her, and that he implied he had a plan to come up with the money.
She told police that he said he wasn't coming home.
None of the allegations contained in the warrants has been proven in court.