Reuters Breakingviews delivers agenda-setting financial insight. Its global correspondents react to stories as they develop, delivering sharp and provocative commentary on big financial news as it breaks.
Mr. Market has slashed Apple’s market value by $260-billion (U.S.) in six months. Meanwhile, the combined worth of a wide group of smartphone and tablet rivals has added less than half that. If investors think Apple is fading, the competing Android complex could be worth far more – to someone.Report Typo/Error
- Apple Inc$146.280.00(0.00%)
- Sony Corp$38.520.00(0.00%)
- Amazon.com Inc$1,003.740.00(0.00%)
- Nokia Corp$6.390.00(0.00%)
- Alphabet Inc$965.590.00(0.00%)
- Microsoft Corp$71.210.00(0.00%)
- Intel Corp$34.190.00(0.00%)
- Sprint Corp$8.050.00(0.00%)
- Verizon Communications Inc$45.390.00(0.00%)
- Updated June 23 4:00 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.