The market for $1.8-million sports cars is booming. Thomas Piketty could have predicted that.
The superstar French economist rocketed to fame on the popularity of his new book, Capital in the Twenty-First Century, which asserts that capitalism has an inherent tendency toward inequality. His thesis instantly elicited howls of outrage from right-wing reviewers, who disliked his take on the free market’s supposed tendency to enrich plutocrats. The Wall Street Journal dismissed Prof. Piketty as a “utopian visionary.” According to Barron’s, he’s simply wrong – a pedlar of “unpersuasive theories.”Report Typo/Error
- Movado Group Inc$22.15-0.25(-1.12%)
- Coach Inc$46.07-0.04(-0.09%)
- Ralph Lauren Corp$66.52-0.16(-0.24%)
- Tiffany & Co$85.82+0.79(+0.93%)
- PVH Corp$106.98+4.94(+4.84%)
- Michael Kors Holdings Ltd$36.63-0.12(-0.33%)
- VF Corp$53.19+0.34(+0.64%)
- Luxottica Group SpA$60.65+0.22(+0.36%)
- Updated May 25 4:00 PM EDT. Delayed by at least 15 minutes.