Kickstarter and Indiegogo, two of the most popular donation-based crowdfunding sites in the country, give creative people the opportunity to fund their projects via online donations or pre-purchasing of products or experiences. Every few weeks, The Report on Small Business will provide a snapshot of the top 10 Canadian entrepreneurial crowdfunding campaigns of the moment. The figures are accurate as of Sept. 30, 2014.
1. is compact speaker with ‘better than stereo’ sound. It's wireless, multi-room, portable and truly liberating. The Core wireless speaker system Mass Fidelity, the Toronto-based company behind the project, has raised $504,839 (U.S.) of its $48,000 goal on Indiegogo.
1 of 10
2. . Build your mythology! An action role-playing game (RPG) for one to four players about earning a legendary reputation in an ancient, occult world. Moon Hunters Kitfox Games, the Montreal-based studio behind the project, has raised $178,986 of its $45,000 goal on Kickstarter.
2 of 10
3. is a feature film by Jeremy LaLonde starring Jewel Staite, Ennis Esmer, Lauren Lee Smith and many more. The group behind the project, has raised $122,975 of its $70,000 goal on Indiegogo. How to Plan an Orgy in a Small Town
3 of 10
4. is a weird west tactical with world map exploration, a hint of adventure and a drop of RPG. Hard West PlayWay, the Warsaw-based studio behind the project, has raised $94,183 of its $70,000 goal on Kickstarter.
4 of 10
5. is a cable-free emergency smartphone battery with built-in USB tip to charge it and micro-USB or iPhone tip to charge your phone on the go. Shaun Teblum and Rob Gold, the Montreal-based team behind the project, have raised $77,502 of their $25,000 goal on Kickstarter. bKey
5 of 10
6. . The group's mission is to create media using under represented labour, for unexplored demographics to fund non-profit organizations. They took five women who had never designed a video game before and gave them professional concept artists to create their ideal game. The group has raised $71,496 (U.S.) of its $65,000 goal on on Indiegogo. The Fine Young Capitalists
6 of 10
7 of 10
8. One timepiece. Ten variations. 365 days a year. A 10-piece watch collection with easy-change straps that retails for the price of one. Daniel Eckler has raised $63,879 of his $25,000 goal on Kickstarter. The Everyday Watch: A 10-in-1 Timepiece by MIJLO.
8 of 10
9. is a business simulation game that charges you with the construction and management of theme parks! Parkitect Texel Raptor, the Vancouver-based studio behind the project, has raised $63,730 of its $50,000 goal on Kickstarter.
9 of 10
10. . Fund the fourth season of Watch It Played for more instructional videos and tabletop play throughs. RodneySmith of Prince Edward Island has raised $53,795 (U.S.) of its $36,000 goal on Indiegogo. Watch It Played - Season 4
10 of 10