In this video, I will discuss Sea Limited's (NYSE: SE) Q2 earnings and whether now is a good time to open a position with the stock down 60% year to date.
- Garena is still experiencing headwinds from the reopening, with quarterly active users down 15% year over year (YOY), but it is slightly up quarter over quarter (QOQ). Paying users were down 39% YOY.
- Shopee and Sea Money are still growing fast but are also unprofitable. This is why Garena's continued profitability is extremely important.
- Total gross profits in Q2 grew 17% year over year to $1.1 billion, but they're down QOQ from $1.2 billion.
- Net loss increased to $931.2 million from $433.7 million in the prior-year quarter.
- The company previously guided for full-year GAAP revenue for e-commerce to grow 71.8% at the midpoint but has now removed that guidance due to the ever-changing macro environment.
For the full insights, do watch the video, consider subscribing, and click the special offer link below.
*Stock prices used were the closing prices of Aug. 15, 2022. The video was published on Aug. 16, 2022.
10 stocks we like better than Sea Limited
When our award-winning analyst team has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the newsletter they have run for over a decade, Motley Fool Stock Advisor, has tripled the market.*
They just revealed what they believe are the ten best stocks for investors to buy right now... and Sea Limited wasn't one of them! That's right -- they think these 10 stocks are even better buys.
*Stock Advisor returns as of August 11, 2022
Neil Rozenbaum has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool has positions in and recommends Sea Limited. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. Neil is an affiliate of The Motley Fool and may be compensated for promoting its services. If you choose to subscribe through his link, he will earn some extra money that supports his channel. His opinions remain his own and are unaffected by The Motley Fool.